lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
The new wave of dating but not being in a relationship, is the backbone of today’s youth. It is the root of emotional and mental breakdowns. Intimacy is an artform which we have crafted to no longer exist, aside from the casual hookups. It is the reason why we have the notion of ‘fuckboys’ ‘fuckgirls’ thrown around constantly to give us leverage against each other. This apathy is resonant within the music culture and hip-hop, R&B scene. We have created such a toxic atmosphere where all we hear rappers and singers cry about all day are from one of the following themes;
- Why don’t these hoes love me (because hoe is a more empowering term for women, don’t get me started )
- Why won’t my girl take me back even though I cheated on her. It just doesn’t make sense
- I enjoy spending my time with various (bad) women but my shawty has got to be (good)
- I dated a stripper, but if I do refer to her that is what I will call her out on. I will look pass every thing she ever did for me (yes I’m talking about Kanye)
- Oh I could probably take your girl, because women love running from one man to the other for some reason
These are just a few from the top of my head but they all follow the same genre. It’s tiring being a single woman when you encounter men after men with the same ‘its not that deep’ attitude. Since when was this the answer to everything. Whatever happened to genuine interest and sense of affection and care. Maybe this is all the rage whilst at University, but I guess there are quite a handful of women (apart from me) who crave more. This sense of not caring to show you are alright, is detrimental. It is lonely and it isn’t fruitful. I don’t want to be waiting or not waiting for your text. I don’t want to be lead on just for fun. I don’t want to have to kiss a dozen frogs for my prince.